2007-2014 Ph.D Geography CNRS/University of Poitiers (MIGRINTER) with Pr. Patrick Gonin
« Parcours, projets et temporalités dans la mobilité :
Récits de vie des migrants ouest-africains vers Nouadhibou (Mauritanie) »
2008-2009 DU SIGmage University of Poitiers (Statistics, Geographic Information System, cartography)
2004-2005 Bachelor of Arts Major in Geography – University of Paris Sorbonne
2002-2004 HK et K B/L Literary and humanities CPGE (specific French high level post-secondary education)
2002 Baccalaureate Major in science (Equivalent to A-level with merit)
Experiences, skills and knowledge
- Expertise in international migration (Migrinter research team 2007-2014), concepts and surveys
- Strong experience in qualitative methodologies, good knowledge of quantitative methods
- Sub-Editor (E-migrinter review): articles selection, text editing, publications planning (2009-2011)
- Master’s Degree course: « Development and territories in Geography », University of Panthéon Sorbonne (winter 2010)
- Master’s Degree course: « UE migration policies and their consequences in Africa: reflections from qualitative surveys in Mauritania », University François Rabelais of Tours (fall 2010)
- Training session on surveys and statistical methods for Mauritanian NGOs workers in Nouadhibou (2011)
- Financial board member of Migrinter Research team (2012-2013)
- Editorial board member of E-migrinter
- Organisation of several research meetings, from local meetings to international events (2008-2012)
- Sub-Editor (E-migrinter review): planning meetings, strategic meetings, website reorganization.
- Training « Managing crisis situation », Special training for PhD applicants (2011)
- Training: «The Hermann Pattern, an asset to manage human synergies » (2008)
- Several publications in scientific review and book sections
- Many oral communications at national and international scientific research meetings
Adaptability, autonomy, interpersonal skills:
- 2 years of individual field researches on migration in Mauritania: set up of surveys, interviews with
refugees, negotiations with authorities, reporting.
- Languages: French native; Fluent English; Intermediate German (refreshing lessons ongoing)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Internet; Familiar with Illustrator, SPSS, EndNote.
- Interests: Outdoor sports (MTB leisure and races; winter sports), culture, sewing.